Saturday, January 7, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane..

Leaving for the airport in about 6 hours.  I should probably be sleeping but I’m not.  Instead I am sitting here looking at my luggage, wondering how much extra Delta is going to charge me for them.  Both checked bags are a few pounds over and the carry-on bag is too big.  But maybe they will be nice.



Tomorrow I land in Detroit just in time to make it to staging.  All 53 people in our group will be there – filling out paperwork, learning about safety and security, and who knows what else.  My main goal is to never step outside because it will be freeezinggg.

Monday we officially leave for Thailand.  I expect the next couple of weeks to be exhausting.  Jet lag, lack of sleep, new food, a million hours in the classroom.  But there will also be new friends, good times, and tons of picture taking.

I still don’t know what the internet access will be like but I will try to keep this updated.  Next time you hear from me I will be a bike riding, long skirt wearing, Thai speaking Peace Corps Trainee! 


No comments:

Post a Comment