Saturday, March 24, 2012

feels like home to me

I’ve been at my site for 3 days now.  So far I have been to a graduation dinner, wedding, and funeral.  I’ve met a million people and I don’t remember any of their names.  I’ve been speaking more Thai than I ever thought possible.  I rearranged the furniture in my room and unpacked everything I brought with me.  I even hung up a poster.  And most importantly, I am loving my new family.

Yesterday we were all sitting around the living room, everyone with a different book.  I was studying Thai and they were all trying to learn some English.  It was really cute.  I also taught them how to play Uno and I have never seen any group of people love anything as much as they love Uno.  We have played for a couple hours each day – no signs of stopping anytime soon. 

front of the house


 
where we play uno, get on the computer, and hang out


dinner table

 
bedroom - complete with winnie the pooh sheets. this monster of a bed takes up about 90% of the room


 
the rest of my room

cutest thai kid ever. my 3 year old cousin Naam Dtaan, which means "sugar"


 
my little sister Took Da


 
family game night

 
Naam Dtaan and my new Mom : )



No comments:

Post a Comment