Monday, March 12, 2012

where are you from what, right??

Peace Corps Thailand has an amazing language program.  Our teachers are amazing.  In 9 weeks of language training here, I have learned just as much as I learned in years of Spanish class.  Before coming to Thailand I never expected to learn this much, this quickly.

To evaluate our language acquisition, we have a Language Proficiency Interview (LPI.)  The LPI has been in the back of my mind ever since I began training.  I knew it was coming...and on Saturday it happened.  Naturally, I freaked myself out and got really nervous.  I was mixing words up and asking really weird questions.  At one point, I think I asked someone... “Where are you from what, right?”
We get scored based on criteria for different levels.  There is Novice (low, mid, and high) Intermediate (low, mid, and high) and Advanced (low, mid, and high.)  To “pass” in my program, you have to get at least a Novice High.




Intermediate Mid!  I got a little teary eyed when I opened this envelope just because I didn't expect to score this high.  All this hard work has paid off and now I officially qualify to be sworn-in as a volunteer next week!

:)



No comments:

Post a Comment