Saturday, April 7, 2012

i want to ride my bicycle

With a bicycle as my only means of transporation, I really appreciate how nice it was to have a car back home.  Need to mail a letter? Hungry? Run out of toothpaste?  Pretty easy when you can just hop in your air conditioned ride and get to a store in a couple of minutes.
I have a love/hate relationship with my bike.  When I first get on "Joel" I feel great.  It feels like freedom.  But, after 45 minutes in the sun I'm ready to throw Joel in the trash.  Regardless of my mixed emotions, I still take a ride into town everyday.  It takes me about 25 minutes each way - dodging pot holes, motorcycles, and stopping for baby chickens to cross.


turning out of my driveway


main road that goes thru all the neighborhoods. it goes to the highway



i pass both my schools on my way


usually i go straight into town. now the road is under construction
so i turn left and take the long way around



government office and police station



about 8k later, i make it here. buy a water, walk around
in the AC for a minute then head back home



No comments:

Post a Comment