Thursday, April 26, 2012

it's getting hot in here..

The founder and CEO of Netflix was a Peace Corps Volunteer.  It makes perfect sense to me now.  I like to think that his days of boredom inspired him with the idea. I have a whole lot of nothing going on right now and watch a ton of movies. I have so much free time I am running out of movies to watch.  I have had to google “top grossing films of the 90s” and “best chick flicks of all time” just to try to find something that I haven’t seen yet.  Along with my movie watching hobby, I have also been reading a lot and even coloring.  Yes, coloring.  I am that bored.

As uneventful as the days are, I am glad there isn’t anything going on because it is too hot to move.  Another one of my new found hobbies is checking the weather.  It’s always fun to get online and see that its 108 degrees with a “real feel” of 116.  I am still trying to figure out a way to cope with the heat – especially at bedtime.  I have pointed my fan at my face, at the foot of my bed, and even out the window.  I have cuddled with frozen bottles of water.  I also cover myself in prickly heat (a type of baby power with a “cooling” effect), but nothing seems to help.  My co-teacher swears that I will get used to this weather.  I don’t believe him.

My life is about to go from super boring to crazy busy and (hopefully) air conditioned for the next couple weeks.  I’m heading down south for a weekend at the beach, going to help run a teacher training with some other volunteers, and spending a long weekend in Bangkok.  Then only a couple more weeks until school starts…



found this on sale


lesson learned: when buying something that weights more
than 100 lbs it is a good idea to bring your own transportation. 
taking this home on multiple buses was NOT fun



got 4 spares and a strike. i'm thinking of going pro



yum : )

No comments:

Post a Comment