Monday, April 30, 2012

"Is Rebecca as pretty as you?"

A few weeks ago, my PC BFF Jessica told me that her Thai family was planning a vacation to the beach.  We decided it would be a great idea for me to go with them and Jess asked her host mom if I could tag along.  Naturally, her mom had a few questions before she could agree to this…
"Is Rebecca as pretty as you?  How big is she?  Is she nice?"

Jessica told them I was pretty, the same size as her, and I am very nice but I don’t smile a lot.  Apparently this was good enough because I was allowed to go.

On Friday, I met Jessica and her family out on the highway.  7 hours, 1 lunch stop, and 4 7-11s later we were at the beach.  After a lot of confusion and language issues, it was determined that Jessica and I would stay in a hotel and meet up with her family the next day.  We thoroughly enjoyed our break: we ate a semi-american dinner, had drinks with the locals, soaked up some AC, and got a massage.

The next day her family picked us up and we went to the beach.  It was really pretty, but the water was hot and infested with jelly fish.  Despite all of the sunscreen I used, I still managed to get a shorts tan line that will probably last for years.  After the beach we went to a nice dinner on a boat and to a couple night markets where we successfully practiced our bargaining skills.  We spent our second and final night in a rental house with Jessica’s (extended) family.  In typical Thai fashion, there were 15 of us in a house with only 2 double beds and 1 bathroom.



living in luxury


: )



our new friends



Hua Hin beach




No comments:

Post a Comment