Saturday, February 18, 2012

Bieber Fever!

Where has the time gone?  It is already the end of week 6.  The days seem to last forever, but they are flying by.

Valentine’s Day was this past week.  A group of us got to celebrate for a couple hours at our favorite place, The Bieber Bar.  It got this nickname because the mother and daughter team who run it play Justin Bieber non-stop.  It was a dual celebration of Valentine’s Day and a birthday party for a 4 year old boy who lives at the Bieber bar.  He was going crazy eating his cake and wiping his dirty hands on all of us.

This week, Group 124 also taught an English and Life Skills camp for 200 kids from local schools in our areas.  My group taught about Healthy and Unhealthy Lifestyles.  We put on a skit for the kids, taught some vocabulary, and got to play a bunch of games with them.  The kids LOVED it and had so much fun.  The only downside was that it was probably the hottest day yet – a nice sweltering 95F.

Saturday we went around town with our language groups on a field trip.  We visited the old provincial hall, a temple, and a historic pottery/kiln site.  My favorite part of the day was getting to visit the meditation garden at the temple.  It was gorgeous – full of flowers, statues, and monks.  I sat and tried to meditate, but I only lasted long enough to snap a photo.

Saturday afternoon, a group of friends and I went to Tesco Lotus and splurged on some pizza and garlic bread.  It was amazing. 

Saturday night I went out with my family and neighbors to a town called Lop Buri.  Lop Buri is known for being the town with all the monkeys, so I was excited to check it out.  When we got to the town center, there were literally hundreds of monkeys by the side of the road and lining fences.  It was crazy!  We went to a festival where everyone was dressed in traditional Thai clothing.  My family made me take a million pictures.  Anytime we passed a flower, someone dressed up, or a random stranger – we had to stop so they could take of picture of me. 

Tomorrow I find out where I will be living for the rest of my time in Thailand!!  Stay tuned…

being romantic on valentines day


making a wish


one lady who works at the bieber bar


english and life skills camp


our language class with Kitcha - our teacher




finding inner peace


the pizza was so good we forgot to take a picture


my neighbor/bff


peace!


1 comment: