Monday, February 13, 2012

a lot of kilos

Sunday was, once again, the greatest day of the week.  My family took Jessica and I to Ayutthaya, a city about 1.5 hours away from our home.  We already had all these expectations about how much fun it would be – riding an elephant, shopping, the floating market.  I have to say that our day was way better than I expected.

We started out meeting a couple elephants.  We got to feed them a basket of cucumbers which was so cool.  Then we took a 20 minute ride on a 30 year old female, Pepsi.  It was really sad when our guide hit Pepsi during our ride.  Our guide was also sure to let us know that we weighed “a lot of kilos.”  But it was awesome to be on such an amazing and wild animal.  I was slightly freaking out during the ride imagining us getting thrown off and stomped to death, but we made it out alive.

Next, we got to meet a tiger.  We got to sit down right next to him and pet him.  Jessica proved to be the brave one of the day and got right up next to him.  I was playing it safe and just rubbed his back.  It was another awesome experience that I am sure no zoo in America would ever let us do.

To end our animal adventures, we found ourselves at “Happy Feet.”  We paid to stick our legs into a tank with hundreds of little fish that eat the dead skin off your feet.  Jess and I made a huge spectacle of ourselves – screaming and freaking out.  Many people were taking pictures and videotaping our entire experience.  But, my feet are officially happy.  And I have crossed a couple things off my bucket list.













1 comment: