Sunday, February 12, 2012

half way there!

The end of this week marks the halfway point through pre-service training.  Five weeks under my belt and only five more until I am officially a PCV.

After this week, I am feeling very accomplished.  I finished my second week of practicum.  Although it was a lot of fun, I am glad it’s over.  I also had my Mock Language Proficiency Interview (LPI.)  The LPI is a language test we need to pass at the end of training.  We got to practice this week during a one-on-one conversation with Peace Corps staff.  Naturally, I was really nervous but feel sooo much better about the test now.  I was able to hold a conversation for a solid 20 minutes and not freak out. Yay!

I also had my mid-point assessment/interview.  The purpose of this is to check in with Peace Corps staff to ensure that we are on track and will qualify for service.  And that is exactly where I am : )

On Saturday I got to act like an American 20 something year old and it felt so good.  My friends and I stocked up on junk food and watched a movie together.  It was so refreshing to have an afternoon to veg out with friends and eat American food (or Thailand’s version of American food.)

I have officially realized that I am horrible at taking pictures.  My resolution for the next 5 weeks is to take way more pictures so I will actually have something to post on here.

Miss you all!


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, Rebecca, especially on the language test!! Wow! I'm really impressed! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete